Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

snow day

Woke up fighting a head-cold and tiredness but the Snow Day must go on!


snowman pancakes with bacon scarves to start the morning





the snow was not very wet so this was the best snowman we could make
equal parts glue and shaving cream in case need a craft idea :)

lunchtime: snowflakes cut out of tortillas; savory and sweet varieties. 

movie time: "Heidi" 

I had arranged surprise packages for the rest of the afternoon and inside was friendship bracelet making materials - something Madelyn has wanted to try. I remember loving this project for years as a girl. I made so many of those things. . .but alas, I had to google just to remember the basic knot. After one practice bracelet, I have a feeling that I might become the one "helping" {i.e. actually creating} this craft for awhile. 

Troy graciously dropped pizza off as by 5:30 I was feeling a little stir-crazy and the persistent cold was starting to reappear. But due to long, long work hours, I was quickly on my own again for dinner-hour and bedtime. And did I mention the dishwasher's been broken since I arrived home from a weekend retreat? 

Today, as I found myself hurrying a project or scolding a mistake, I stopped to pray. And I had to change my perspective. For as I remembered, my calling is not to raise children who have fun. Or are smart, or amazing musicians or understand world history. These are servants of Christ that we are raising; to His glory, to His Kingship, to His family. I pray today they bow their hearts to Him. And I serve Christ in front of them. To show them His love and His grace.  


Right before bedtime, I had to inform my girls that this holiday is only reserved for the first snow of the year, not every day as their expectations were a bit large for the rest of the week. But what a beautifully fun day it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment