Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

number 500

I just happened to realize that this is the 500th post of this blog. I started this blog on May 26th, 2006. We had two little babies and had just moved to CA for the last year of our military days.

My friend described fall as the perfect melancholy season and she's right. Although we're still savoring temperatures in the upper 70's, there is that cool nip in the morning and sometimes cloudy skies that the children compare to snow clouds. They are very excited about it getting cold and snowing; so much so that I want to plan a surprise "First day of Snow Party". So far: No school (or at least a scaled back day), pajamas, blankets, lots of stories & hot chocolate. (Yes, I know it could be months before the snow falls but in case we actually have fall snow, I want to have ideas already ready.) Any other suggestions for such a day?

My baby girls - 2006




1 comment:

  1. Look at those girls! So cute. I've never seen Ella chubby before. ;)

    You could always cut out snowflakes, and if you have any "snow day" picture books -- have those ready, too.

    ReplyDelete