Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

in denial

Our pool is still sitting on our driveway, puddles of water forming at the bottom. Sand toys, bikes, scooters bubbles and chalk are scattered inside the garage, piles of summer left behind. Though I awoke and shivered, wrapped in blankets and contemplating heat, I'm not sure I'm ready to surrender away the summer. Colorado is known to have warm autumn weather but this week a cloudy front has cooled the air considerably. The girls, tired of their summer clothes, have started digging in the basement bins of warmer clothing. It's not actually that cold, especially after the sunshine appears, so I think I will pretend it might become hot a few days more.

Apple tart & coffee breakfast
There is a book is that picture. . .Counsel from the Cross. I finished it last night. I should write a complete review someday but for now - read it. Seriously, this one will be my favorite of this year, and will probably take a place in my top three of all time. I recommend, urge and implore you to read this book - it will drive you to the Word of God and the cross of Jesus. And that's the best kind of book.

School is going along fabulously. The schedule has been tweaked and recognized as a tool, not a slave. :) Because of the girl's days at the cottage program, I have a bit more one on two time throughout the week which has worked out great.
Pictures of science this week:
Genes and dna at a K & 2nd grade level = toothpicks, marshmallows and licorice models. . .{we did this with Daddy in the evening, thus the pajama uniforms}



1 comment:

  1. Ah what I wouldn't give to be able to pull out warmer clothes... Though it has cooled slightly here it still is reaching the 90s and back into the 100s next week. There is a little reprieve overnight so the mornings arent quite so unbearable! And cool science project :).

    ReplyDelete