Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

School days 2011-2012

Madelyn 7, Ella 5, Charlotte 3
 The girls started their out-of-home classes last week and today we started our homeschool days. They have been very excited; who isn't excited about new pencils and books? Madelyn is working in 2nd grade, Ella started Kindergarten and Charlotte is doing preschool. 

Not to be outdone by older sisters, Charlotte has informed me of a list of things she needs to learn in preschool. On the top of the list was learning to cut with scissors. First day of school means getting the important things done so off we went with cutting strips of paper. (She has cut before; I think she just wanted the official instruction and practice)
happy learning
reading 
love the summer freckles


Our 2011-2012 curriculum:
Writing (Madelyn): Writing with Ease
Phonics (Ella): Phonics Pathways
Handwriting: New American Cursive
Spelling (Madelyn): Spelling Power & Spelling city
Grammar: First Language Lessons

        Piano lessons (Ella & Madelyn)
        Academy of Children's Theatre, Musical Theatre (Ella and Madelyn)

  • Preschool:
        Rod & Staff preschool workbooks
        Before Five in a Row

2 comments:

  1. How are your girls liking the cursive work? Isn't this your first year doing it?

    Dean does not like practicing his handwriting, but I think that's just a boy thing. He's so typical boy it's crazy. Today he told me they had cupcakes in class (obviously for somebody's birthday), but he couldn't tell me who's birthday it was. :) He's so vague on any kind of details. Lol! I'm sure once Abi's in school she'll more then make up for his lack of words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reading Terras comment. I had to comment....yes, girls are WAY different! When my son, Luke was in Kinder, I got nothing....Grace started this year....I'm exhausted by hearing every. Single. Detail.....and she shares them at 10 decibels louder than normal talking! Kills me....at least I know everything and anything!

    ReplyDelete