Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

books for Christmas

I liked this blog post. It made me smile
A Girl You Should Date

I love to read and December has always been a good month for the building of the library, with my birthday and Christmas both in the month. A few new ones from 2011. . .

1. Community by Brad House
This book was recommended to me by our pastor. I'm excited to finally read this one and a fun side-note; my brother Ben also got it for Christmas so we can read it alongside each other. :)

2. Give Them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson
This is the book that a group of friends is currently reading together. It's an parenting book that has got me thinking about many things. One in particular a friend and I were discussing a couple months ago. She said, "I need something else to say to them; it's just Jesus over and over." I started agreeing with her but then we both stopped and realized how amazing it would be if the legacy we leave our children if they said of us, "They couldn't talk without speaking of their Lord Jesus!"

3. Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian
Troy got this one for me after hearing it mentioned in several circles. I've read some interesting reviews of this one and I'm excited to start it soon.

4. Blessings by Laura Story
This one is not a book but a cd from my sister-in-law. (I love music as much as books so it makes the list)
I like many of Laura's songs and have found them to be encouraging to me as I toy with my own musical aspirations.

3 comments: